How You Can Help
Last year IHN counted 15,668hours of volunteer time from over 2000 volunteers, including evening and overnight hosts, cooks and meal servers, Day Center volunteers, clerical support and board members.
Volunteers provide various services such as cooking and serving meals, playing with children or helping them with homework or interacting with guests, with respect and compassion.
Donate a charitable contribution
To send a donation contact IHN. All cash donations have an immediate impact on those IHN serves and provides a full income tax deduction for the donor.
Gifts Made to IHN through the Enterprise Zone
Any contribution to IHN through the El Paso County Enterprise Zone of $300 or more qualifies for the Enterprise Zone tax credit
and the donor will receive a certificate providing a Colorado tax credit of 25%.
Corporate and individual taxpayers are eligible for the credit.
To qualify make your check payable to the Enterprise Zone with “Interfaith Hospitality Network” written on the check’s memo line.
Send the check to IHN. You will receive the certificate from El Paso County to include when you file your taxes.
For more information call Michael Royal at (719) 329-1244, or send an email to Michael@ihn-cos.org.
The chart below illustrates the net cost of a $10,000 contribution assuming a 36% federal tax rate and a 5% state tax rate using a 25% credit
|Federal tax savings at 36%, net of state tax effect||$2,520|
|State tax savings at 5%||$500|
|State tax credit||$2,500|
|Total tax savings||$5,520|
|Total net cost of contribution||$4,480|
Are you a Colorado Government Employee?
If so, you can easily designate your charitable contribution to IHN through the Colorado Combined Campaign.
Right now, State employees are participating in workplace giving campaigns and making pledges via payroll deduction, cash,
check or credit card. No matter the amount, your contribution makes a huge difference!
Colorado Combined Campaign: www.colorado.gov
Other Contribution Ideas
- A gift of Appreciated Securities, Stocks, or Property can greatly affect our service will providing a full income tax deduction and capitol gains savings.
- Remember IHN of C.S. in your Will, Trust or Insurance policy. A bequest can provide the resources to serve homeless families with children for years to come.
- Give a Gift on behalf of a family member, friend or loved one and we'll send an appropriate acknowledgement to the person you designate. We'll thank them and mention that your gift to IHN was made in their honor as your way of celebrating a special day.
- Matching contribution from your employer. Many employers provide a matching grant to non-profit organizations to which their employees make cash contributions. Our staff will be happy to assist in completing necessary paperwork.
Donate your car
Do you have a working car that you no longer use? If you itemize your deductions, the IRS will allow you to take a deduction for up to the fair market value of the vehicle you donate! Our staff can handle the title transfer for you and supply you with a dated receipt for your vehicle and tax records.
By donating your vehicle to IHN you are saved from all the trouble and work of selling your car. It also helps Network families who so often have had to pawn their cars in an attempt to stay off homelessness.
It is a part of the program to empower people to live independently, with dignity.
Click here to learn more about the tax benefits of giving through the Enterprise Zone.
You can donate your services by driving the shuttle bus. The IHN van is available daily to transport guests to and from the day center. A separate van carries bedding and luggage each week to the next host congregation.
How to Refer a Family
Local social service agencies refer families to the Network. The agencies may also help guests find housing, jobs and benefits.
Program Benefits of IHN for Volunteers
- Opportunity to help homeless families directly to make a difference.
- Wide range of volunteer activities to fit varying schedules and levels of commitment.
- Opportunity for families to volunteer together.
For more information about volunteering time, services or a charitable contribution please contact IHN of Colorado Springs at (719) 329-1244